Finance and Operations Director
Granite State Progress and our sister organization Granite State Progress Education Fund are seeking a Finance and Operations Director to join our team. The Finance and Operations Director is an exempt full-time employee reporting to the Executive Director, exercising discretion and independent judgment in their portfolio of responsibilities, and making recommendations that influence diverse stakeholders to help Granite State Progress to fight for a more progressive New Hampshire and country.
This position is responsible for developing and implementing an annual finance and fundraising plan, including leading major fundraising efforts from individual donors, institutional funders, and foundations; and providing internal and external compliance and operations oversight.
Portfolio of Responsibilities
Individual Donor and Institutional Funder Engagement
- Develop a pipeline of individual and institutional prospects based on leads generated from multiple sources.
- Manage regular one-on-one donor engagements for the Executive Director, Board of Directors, and other staff, as appropriate, and participate in donor meetings as needed.
- Create online fundraising campaigns and emails.
- Develop and execute fundraising events, including annual signature events.
- Develop donor and funder-facing material, including branded collateral and grant proposals and reports, in collaboration with the Executive Director and other staff.
- Represent the organization at events with prospective donors and leaders, including but not limited to fundraising galas and events for other organizations.
Data Management and Reporting
- Manage organizational fundraising systems, including ActionKit data management and related online donation platforms.
- Generate contribution reports for legal and tax compliance and to track fundraising progress and support budgeting and operations.
- Track and acknowledge contributions and ensure accurate records are kept across finance and fundraising systems.
- Manage overall internal and external compliance reports and systems, in partnership with Executive Director and Board of Directors.
- Advise the Executive Director on organizational strategy as part of the staff leadership team.
- Support the Executive Director and Board of Directors in setting and meeting organizational fundraising and program goals.
- Supervise staff and intern activities, as needed.
- Support board and staff in maintaining an equitable and forward-thinking work culture.
The Finance and Operations Director may be called on to perform any of these tasks at any time, or to take on other duties as assigned. Granite State Progress strives to help all team members thrive in their position with a workload that integrates personal interests, professional goals, and organizational needs.
Ideal candidates will have experience in all aspects of finance and operations including grant writing, donor meetings, events, mail, online, phone, call time, finance committee, budget management, and compliance.
- 3+ years of fundraising experience, especially with fundraising for non-profits, political committees, and/or candidate campaigns.
- 3+ years of experience in senior leadership roles.
- Existing network of donors, partner organizations, and other aligned stakeholders in social justice and progressive political spaces.
- A deep understanding of the progressive political landscape of New Hampshire, including nonprofit and political organizations, labor, elected officials, and other stakeholders.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, with experience motivating diverse stakeholders around an organizational mission, issue platform, and/or a similar kind of progressive vision.
- A strong track record of leading teams, cross-team collaborations, and partnerships with external stakeholders.
- High-level fluency with donation management platforms.
Granite State Progress is located in Concord, NH. Candidates will begin working remotely and then should expect to work from the office starting in September with travel as necessary. Our organization is committed to a healthy work-life balance, but the position does require some evenings and weekends hours in order to best meet the needs of our community and mission.
Salary range is $45,000 to $55,000 per year, depending on experience. Granite State Progress offers excellent health care benefits, generous vacation time, paid leave, and a flexible new child policy. This is a family friendly workplace.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. In your cover letter, please address the following:
- What interests you about this position at Granite State Progress?
- How do your experiences, personal strengths, and leadership abilities prepare you for this position?
- Briefly explain a successful fundraising accomplishment, your specific role in achieving the goal(s), and how you engaged other important stakeholders toward the goal(s).
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis starting on June 25, 2021 and the position will remain open until filled.
Granite State Progress is an equal opportunity employer. Women, people of color, persons with disabilities, veterans, and LGBTQIA+ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
About Granite State Progress
Granite State Progress is a progressive advocacy organization that addresses issues of immediate state and local concern. Granite State Progress works as a communications hub for the progressive community to provide a strong, credible voice in advancing progressive solutions to critical community problems.